Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Fishing trip to dams around Machap Baru


Last Sunday I went to Machap Baru, Melaka, for fishing. I used the new Abu Garcia Cardinal spinning reel and rod bought two weeks previously. The proverbial first-timer-luck proved to be true to its core and I was endowed with a 300 gram ikan keli at Jus Dam. Seen in the picture were my youngest daughter and my second brother’s eldest son.
We went to look for the famed red mee and roti kok in Machap Baru new village. The red mee was so so in taste. The roti kok was slightly softer than a rock and didn’t manage to break my teeth. We sipped coffee in one of the busy old fashioned coffee shop. The just concluded by-election did not leave any marks except a few posters, certainly none of the big shot campaigners like Najib and Ong Ka Ting had etched their name on the coffee table that I sat by.
We tried a few more fishing spots and did not catch any fish. The locals said the fish, especially the toman, had learned to be very smart over the years and will not bite any bait anyhow.

No comments: