Thursday, April 26, 2012

Gunung Ledang, Johor. 11Apr2012

This is the second hike to Gunung Ledang in recent years. In 2009 when I first hiked this mountain of 1276 meter, I had excruciating pain at knees during descent that lasted 8 hours. This time round I only use 3 hours to reach the foot hill. My wife Subang has much stronger knees, being ahead of me during the whole hike, even though this is her first trip to tough mountain. As you can see from the pictures, there are different obstacles along the way:

Lots of ropes and ladders up the numerous steep slopes.

The dreaded rock face, need reasonably strong arms to hold on the ropes and stepped up the granite. Those with fear of height often freeze and stop half way, giving headache to mountain guides who patiently encourage them to soldier on.
 
Bonsai garden at about 1100 meter.
 
The final climb, 5 minutes to the top.
 
The first ascent for my wife, the third for me.


An- son of the part-time mountain guide Mr Tan Jui Yong- the future pro mountaineer, can trek very fast, and was among the first to arrive at peak.

No comments: